Google Analytics is an invaluable tool for inbound marketers, adding powerful site tracking and analytics to your website. And it’s free to use too.
Even when we’re using another system such as Hubspot, we always ensure we implement Google Analytics tags and campaign tracking. It’s a very powerful tool that supports advanced users. However, there are some fundamental metrics that even beginners can make use of.
- How many visitors are coming to your site?
- What are the peak times and days for traffic?
- What channels are driving traffic – organic search, paid search, social media, referrals, direct?
- How does your site perform in terms of engagement? What is the bounce rate and the average number of pages per session?
- What devices and platforms are being used to access your content?
econsultancy have posted a handy beginners guide to Google Analytics. Read more here